Why becoming a dog trainer is the best thing that ever happened to me!
At AZ Dog Smart & AZ Dog Sports we take being a dog trainer very seriously. When it comes to hiring a new dog trainer, we only want the best and only hire the best. Loving what you do for a living is very high on our list of candidate qualifications.
So, I wasn’t surprised when I recently asked our trainers for some of the reasons they LOVE being a dog trainer. They were very willing to share!
As a professional dog trainer:
- You make your own hours.
- Small talk is limited to a few prompts.
- You get unconditional love and limited criticism, just some looks…
You get to wear your favorite comfy jeans or clothes; since dirt, dog hair, and saliva are likely accessories.
- You always have a pal to hang out with or go for a walk.
- You have a very easy way to meet new people in a new neighborhood.
- You will never be alone at a party…everyone enjoys telling you their own dog stories.
- You get to meet every breed for a while, but not have to live with them!
- You get an endless supply of puppy breath and puppy love!
- You get to teach dogs how to swim!
- Dogs force you to constantly be a better person to live up to their love and respect.
Food and toys are your best currency.
- You will always be learning to stay ahead of the curve.
- You will get to help dogs teach owners how to appreciate their dog
- You get to educate owners how to communicate with their dog resulting in a great relationship
- You help dogs get out and exercise by teaching owners how to have a dog who can walk nicely with them.
- You help keep dogs safe by letting owners know how to safely transport their dogs in the car.
- You help owners understand patience when training their dog.
- You assure owners that many things are common in the dog process and to not be worried about them.
You get to have fun all the time!
- The small things are very rewarding! Like when a client is so excited because their dog sat when they asked them to.
- You can sleep better at night knowing you kept a dog from being euthanized because the owners got the help they needed.
- You get satisfaction seeing the dog and owner progress into higher levels.
- You learn how fascinating dog body language can be!
If you want to start loving what you do, try us out!
Come watch a class for a day…see if you like it!