Looking for more resources to bring your dog training skills up a notch or two?
We have put together some tried and true great resources if you are interested in training dogs as a professional!
First Step to Increase Your Dog Training Skills
Shop about and follow different trainers you like on Facebook. Get their books, read their blogs, and watch their DVD’s. Immerse yourself in what others are doing. Use their expertise and experience to familiarize yourself with advanced training methods. Get ideas to develop your own skills. And move up from there!
Staying Current in Your Dog Training Skills
The dog training world is always progressing and changing. These are tried & true and will keep you current.
Websites for Science-based Dog Training
APDT – Association for Professional Dog Trainers
CCPDT – Certification Council For Professional Dog Trainers.
- You can become a Behavior Consultant Canine, through the CCPDT.
DOGWISE – Complete book and guide resource website
PPG – Pet Professional Guild
Authors & Trainers to Follow
- Founder of The Academy For Dog Trainers
- Author of The Culture Clash
- Legacy Canine Founder – books, seminars
- Dog Training Revolution – Youtube and DVD’s
- Sue Sternberg.com – Sue works with lots of Rescue Dogs
- Patricia McConnell.com – The Other End of the Leash
- Susan Garrett.com – Lots of DVD’s and agility training skills
- Dog Gurus.com – Assistance for Pet Day Care and Training facilities